The Wittliff Collections are located on the seventh floor of the Alkek Library on the campus of Texas State University in San Marcos, between Austin and San Antonio along the IH-35 corridor.
For assistance, or for mobility impaired/accessible parking, please call the Wittliff Collections at 512.245.2313.
Coming to an event at the Wittliff Collections? —Please allow ample time to find parking and to walk to the Wittliff.
Weekday and Weeknight Parking
Pay parking is available 24 hours/day in the LBJ Student Center Garage (LBJSC) [#1 on map above]. Click here for Student Center Garage rates.
Weekend Parking (6pm Friday – 7pm Sunday)
Parking is free at the Alkek Garage [#2] and Woods St. Garage [#3], or you may pay to park at the Student Center Garage [#1].
Please see information above to determine your parking options.
For the LBJ Student Center Garage [#1]:
Driving Directions to the Student Center Garage via Google Maps.
• From IH-35 (either North or South), take Exit 206 (Aquarena Springs Drive-Loop 82) and proceed along the frontage road to the light. Turn west on Aquarena Springs Drive.
• Proceed on Aquarena Springs Drive for nearly 1.5 miles, past three lights (at Thorpe Ln./Eastwood St., Post Rd., and Charles Austin Dr.) Turn right at the light on Sessom Dr.
• Go past two more lights (Peques St. and North LBJ Dr.) and turn left at the light at Comanche St.
• Take the first left onto Student Center Drive. Take the first right onto Gaillardia St. The entrance to the LBJ Student Center Parking Garage is at the far end of Gaillardia.
• To walk to the Wittliff Collections, exit the LBJ Student Center Garage and enter the LBJ Student Center. (If the Student Center is closed, take the walkway to the right around the building.) Go down to the second floor via the stairs or elevator, and exit through the main doors.
• From the Student Center, the Alkek Library is the large white limestone building down the hill and to the left. The Wittliff Collections are on the seventh floor of the Alkek Library.
For Alkek Garage [#2] and Woods Street Garage [#3]:
Driving Directions to Alkek and Woods St. Garages via Google Maps
• From IH-35 (either North or South), take exit 205 and turn west on Hopkins St. (Hwy 80) heading into San Marcos.
• Proceed on Hopkins for about 1 mile, until you come to a series of streetlights downtown. After going through the lights at CM Allen Pkwy and Edward Gary St., turn right on LBJ Dr. and go two blocks to University Dr. Turn left at the light at University Dr.
• Take your next right onto Guadalupe St. That will deadend into Woods St.; turn left on Woods St.
• From Woods St. take your first right onto Talbot St.
• The entrance to Woods St. Garage [#3] is immediately to your left.
• For the Alkek Garage [#2], continue up Talbot St. At the stop sign, turn right and stay to the right as you enter the garage.
• From the Woods St. Garage, walk up Talbot St. into the Alkek Garage.
• Signs in the Alkek Garage will direct you up a walkway ramp to the Alkek Library. The Wittliff Collections are on the seventh floor of the Alkek Library.
University Parking Services
If you have questions, University Parking Services are available Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm at 512.245.2887.
See the Texas State Campus Map for a detailed view of streets, garages, and buildings.
Road construction continues on campus and San Marcos roadways:
Click here for up-to-the-minute CONSTRUCTION UPDATES.