Portfolio Review Policy
The Wittliff Collections Director, Curator of Southwestern & Mexican Photography, and the founding donor, Bill Wittliff, review all photography portfolio submissions.
Written acknowledgment will be sent to the photographer upon receipt of portfolio, confirming receipt of work. The length of time for review is dependent on many factors including the calendar of events at the Wittliff Collections at the Alkek Library at Texas State University. We will contact the artist regarding the submission but cannot promise a response in less than six weeks.
Portfolio reviews do not include a critique of the work.
• Photography portfolios must be made up of at least 20 photographic images
• We prefer images formatted to a CD or DVD
• Artist’s vita or resume
• A statement or description of the work
• Checklist of images with dimensions that includes pricing
• Provide your name, address, phone + fax number, and email address when sending the portfolio
• If shipping the portfolio, please address it to:
Curator, Southwestern & Mexican Photography
The Wittliff Collections, Alkek Library
Texas State University-San Marcos
601 University Drive
San Marcos, Texas 78666-4604
The Wittliff Collections will pay return shipment.
The Wittliff's Southwestern & Mexican Photography Collection seeks to collect works by artists from (or strongly identified with) Mexico and the Southwestern United States, and works representative of the photographic cultures of these regions from the 19th century to the present day, with an emphasis on the contemporary. We collect primarily photographic images, but also consider field notes, correspondence, proof sheets, cameras, manuscript material, and other memorabilia from our collected artists.