*TXST students, faculty and staff do not need to make an appointment. You will need your ID to enter the library.
* Before visiting The Wittliff, we encourage you to check the latest COVID-19 numbers for Hays Co.
1. The Wittliff Collections is open to the general public by appointment only. Our business hours are Monday-Friday 9:00-4:30, and Sunday 1-4:30. Please call 512-245-2313 and press Extension 0 to check for availability. Keep our phone number handy for your visit.
** Groups are limited to 10 people. Groups may be required to wait to enter The Wittliff depending on current occupancy.
** A mask is required to enter the building and must always be worn securely over both nose and mouth while in the galleries. We also are requiring social distancing of 6ft from those who are not in your party.
2. After you make your appointment, one parking spot will be reserved for you in the Alkek Parking Garage. Parking instructions and directions are available here.
3. The Wittliff Collections is located on the 7th floor of The Albert B. Alkek Library. When you arrive, walk up the ramp from the parking garage to the breezeway. The entrance to Alkek Library is on your left. The Library is currently restricted to those with a Texas State ID, so please call 512-245-2313 to let us know you have arrived. Staff will be down shortly to let you into the building.
4. Once at our entrance on the 7th floor, please line up at the door on the marked, socially-distanced spots. One of our staff will let you in shortly.
5. You will be required to sign in with a sterilized pen, including name and contact information. This information will ONLY be used if COVID-19 contact tracing is required.
6. Sterilized styluses are available for visitors to borrow for our interactive touch screens.
7. We ask that you refrain from touching any cases, costumes, or artifacts on open display so that we may preserve them for the generations to come and keep our spaces sanitized for our next visitors.
Thank you for your interest in visiting The Wittliff Collections. We can’t wait to see you!